By using any Black Shards Press application, site, or service, you consent to our privacy practices.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter this policy at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting. It is your responsibility to review this policy on a regular basis to keep yourself apprised of any changes. If you do not agree to any modifications to this policy, your sole recourse is to immediately stop all use of all products. Your continued use of any of our products following the posting of any modifications to this policy will constitute your acceptance of the revised policy.
This policy covers our collection, use and disclosure of your information through the Black Shards Press applications, sites, and services. It does not cover any collection, use or disclosure by third parties through any applications, web sites, products or services that we do not control or own, such as Facebook, Twitter, or any other integrated application or site. All trademarks, trade names, and logos of third parties featured on the applications or the sites belong to their respective owners.
1. WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information below through your use of the applications, sites, and/or services.
Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you or another person, which may be transmitted or received when you use an application or web site. Personal Information may include your geographic location information, names, physical addresses, email addresses, telephone, fax and other device numbers, calendar entries stored within your device, contact entries stored within your device, files, content, photographs, location information and other metadata in photographs and other information you transmit or receive using an application or site which identifies you or another person.
Personal Information may also include information about you or others that may be accessed by our system directly from your device, including from your address book, location, photos or contacts folder, in order to enable certain features of an application or services. Applications may use this information to provide certain services, whether or not the application is active.
We collect Personal Information if you provide it directly to us via email or through the applications, sites, and services. We may also collect Personal Information when you send us messages, comments, questions or suggestions or if you participate in blogs, forums, message boards, chat rooms, profile pages and other services to which you are able to post information. In some instances, applications do not have to be in active use in order for your Personal Information to be collected through them.
Non-Personal Information. “Non-Personal Information” is information that does not identify you or any other individual, and includes Session and Usage Data, Log Data and Aggregate Information, each as described below.
Session and Usage Data. “Session and Usage Data” is information about your use of an application, site, or service. This includes, without limitation, connection and service-related data submitted to us through your use of an application, site, or service. Session and Usage Data includes information relating to the connection request, server communication and data sharing, including network measurements, quality of service, and date, time and location of the bump. We also may aggregate Session and Usage Data as described in Aggregate Information below. Please note that Session and Usage Data does not include any Personal Information nor does it include content you may transmit or share through the use of an application, site, or service.
Log Data. When you interact with us or use an application, site, or service, our systems may automatically collect your unique User Device number, the IP address, type of browser or operating system you use, and the dates and times of your use.
Aggregate Information. “Aggregate Information” is data we collect about a group or category of services or Users from which individual User identities have been removed. No personally identifiable information will be included in the resulting Aggregate Information. Aggregate Information helps us understand trends in our Users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor the applications, sites, and services.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Personal Information. We may use your Personal Information:
• to respond to your inquiries, fulfill your requests, provide services, or complete transactions you have requested.
• to send you information regarding an application, site, or service, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
• to resolve problems with an application, site, or service.
• to create an individual profile and provide personalized services, and to create and inform you of new products and services from us that better meet your needs.
• to better determine your location.
• as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) in any manner permitted under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Non-Personal Information. We may use Non-Personal Information for any purpose, including for our own internal purposes; to measure traffic patterns; to understand demographics, customer interest, and other trends among our Users; to provide, improve and modify the applications, sites, and services; and for promotion and marketing purposes. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your unique User Device number). If we combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
We may display targeted advertisements based on Personal Information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet certain targeting criteria, such as females between 18-24 years of age from a particular geographic area. We do not provide any Personal Information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will assume that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
3. HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED
Personal Information. In general, we use Session and Usage Data during the use of the applications, sites, and services. We also store Personal Information to improve the functionality of the applications, sites, and services. All information collected is stored in our database and may be archived elsewhere. We may disclose your Personal Information:
• to our third party service providers who provide services such as Web site hosting, maintenance, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services and other similar services, but only to the extent necessary or useful to provide such services, and only pursuant to contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your Personal Information.
• to identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through an application, site, or service.
• to identify you to other users of an application to suggest you or they take advantage of certain features within application or site.
• provided by you on sites freely and without limitation. Please note that any Personal Information you post or disclose on sites will become public information, and may be available to visitors of the sites. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the sites.
• to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
• as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process, whether originating in the United States or other territory; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and (h) if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires immediate disclosure of communications or your Personal Information exists.
No Disclosure to Third Parties for Marketing Purposes Without Your Consent. We do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, unless you first affirmatively agree to such disclosure.
Non-Personal Information. We may disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your unique User Device number). If we combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
4. THIRD-PARTY SITES
In general, the applications, sites, services access third party information (Facebook or Twitter account information) through application interfaces. We may provide links to third-party Web sites, such as Facebook or Twitter, as a service to our Users. The Site may also carry advertisements from other companies. When you click on links of third parties in an application, site, or service, you may leave the application, site, or service. Some of these third party sites may be co-branded with our name/logo or our affiliated entity’s name/logo, even though they are not operated or maintained by us. This policy does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy practices of web sites operated by third parties, whether they are linked to or otherwise accessible from a Black Shards Press application, site, or service. The inclusion of a link or accessibility of third party Web sites does not imply endorsement of such third party web site by us.
5. USERS WITH WHOM YOU SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you share your information. We cannot, and do not, control the information you share with other Users using an application, site, or service, or how such other Users will use or share such information. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of our security measures.
Black Shards Press is very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your Personal Information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access and use. Please be aware that no security measures that we take to protect your information is absolutely guaranteed to avoid unauthorized access or use of your Personal Information or is impenetrable.
7. RETENTION PERIOD
8. OUR POLICY TOWARD CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE
The Black Shards Press applications, sites, and services are not directed to children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. By using any application, site, or service, you are representing to us that you are not under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, you are not authorized to use any of the applications and must immediately delete it from your devices. We also recommend that minors, who are 13 years old but under 18 years old, ask their parents or legal guardians for permission before sending any information about themselves to us or anyone else, whether by using an application, site, or service.
9. INTERNATIONAL USERS
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities, and by using an application, site, or service, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to countries, including the United States, which may be outside of your country of residence and may provide for different and less stringent data protection rules than in your country. If you object to your Personal Information being transferred or used as described in this Policy, please do not use any application, site, or service and immediately delete all applications from your User Devices.
10. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
We do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, unless you first affirmatively agree to that disclosure.
11. SENSITIVE INFORMATION
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, sexual orientation, criminal background or membership in past organizations, including trade union memberships) on or through an application, site, service, or otherwise to us.
13. CONTACTING US / REPORTING VIOLATIONS
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com.